Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
6 January 2021
COVID-19: Management Update
Synectics has updated its COVID-19 guidance following the latest UK government rules released on 4 January 2021. This update is in line with the Board’s ongoing monitoring of the situation across its UK and international operations.
Safety is our Priority
Throughout the current pandemic the priorities have been to:
- Protect the health and well-being of our employees and customers;
- Provide ongoing support to our customers, especially where we are providing essential security and safety;
- Manage our business for the long term by taking prudent short-term actions and maintaining capability.
Open for Business
Management has worked hard to provide our customers with a full range of services throughout the pandemic. We are proud of how the Synectics team has responded to support customers, despite the significant disruption to many of our operations over the last few months.
A growing range of remote capabilities has enabled us to create new and innovative ways of delivering customer projects and providing customer support. These new ways of working have also enabled many of our employees to work from home in response to government requirements and guidance.
As a result of the latest UK Government rules, to ensure continuity of customer support and project delivery, while ensuring the safety of our people, we have implemented the following with immediate effect:
- All employees in roles that can be carried out from home will do so until further notice.
- Employees in roles that cannot be carried out from home or require customer site visits will carry explanatory letters confirming they are providing critical support and services.
- All employees that are clinically vulnerable will work from home.
Our international offices, with the exception of our US office in California, are also open and are following similar risk assessment and management processes. These will be adapted as necessary to comply with local government regulations and guidance.
Ready for the Future
We have established protocols to ensure our workplaces are safe, enabling employees to return to office working over the next few months in line with any updated local guidance.
This will allow us to plan a gradual and safe return to work for our people as we continue to invest in our products, technology, service, and support for customers around the world.
The Board will continue to monitor the situation and update its guidance and operating policies as appropriate.
Further details of changes to business operations and working practices, and how to contact the business teams, can be found at: